Friday, May 11, 2007

Them Old Bones Did Something They've Never Done Before

I found a new two-hour workout, but this one is a different from the others: 55 minutes of continuous climb. I don't think I've done that since perhaps my trip from Banff to Jasper about 25 years ago.
The climb was to the parking lot for the ski area at Mt. Seymour -- about 1,023 metres above sea level. The 55 minutes started at about 120 metres above sea level. There's quite a bit of uphill just to get to the entrance to the park.
Coming back down took 14 minutes, with a top speed of 64 kph.
I probably could have gone a bit faster, but I was too scared. One thing I've really noticed about me relatively new bike is that it feels way more stable on the downhills. I used to always buy the cheapest bike a bike store would sell. I now have a Surly Cross-Check, which is a cyclocross frame because I mostly commute.
Here's the Google map. These maps are most interesting to look at in hybrid mode.

No comments: